Almost all of us at one time or another have wanted to lose weight. Some people are motivated by the arrival of summer, while others have set new year's resolutions or are trying to work off some holiday weight. Whatever the reasons, the desire to lose 10 pounds is a common one, and can be achieved through dietary habits.
The Military Diet: Lose 10 Pounds in Just 1 Week?
When looking to lose 10 pounds, it's important to understand that your dietary habits are just that: habits. In other words, there's probably not only a lot of things that you eat that you don't give much thought to, but also a lot of ways that you east that you don't think about. By changing your dietary habits you will not only lose weight, but you will be able to keep that weight off.
The Military Diet Will Make You Lose 10 Pounds In 3 Days
Before you look at specific diets to lose 10 pounds, think about your eating routines. It's important to eat a wide variety of foods, and to eat in proportion. A sure sign that you need to incorporate more variety and balance into your diet is if you can only think of a few "standard meals" that you cook for yourself, or if you can only name a few vegetables that you like. Not only will adding more variety to your diet help you lose those ten pounds, it will provide you with an opportunity to expand the range of meals you can cook.
The other thing to consider when trying to lose ten pounds is your eating habits themselves. We all naturally fall into routines, and there's a good chance that you eat roughly the same amount of food at the same time every day. While this is convenient, it's not necessarily what your body desires. When you eat, make a point of eating slowly and of stopping when you're full. As simple as it sounds, many people eat what they prepare, when they prepare it, regardless of whether or not they are hungry. By learning to understand how your body is relating to the food you put in it, you'll be able to make permanent dietary choices that result in weight loss without being very restrictive.
How to Lose 10 Pounds in 2 Weeks
Now, in some cases you're going to want to lose 10 pounds fairly quickly. If you find yourself in this position consider the following small dietary changes:
- Stop eating cream cheese: while you probably already know that cream cheese isn't healthy, you might not know that a toasted bagel can taste great without it.
- Remove Chicken Skin: A simple way to reduce fat is to get in the habit of removing the skin from chicken breasts. You'll find this easy to do by scraping a sharp knife perpendicularly across the surface of the breast.
- Skip Salted Peanuts: Peanuts are a great and filling snack when you're hungry, but try switching to the salt-free variety. You'll be surprised how quickly you get used to them - in fact you'll soon find salted peanuts unappetizing.
These are just some of the small changes you can make to your diet in order to lose 10 pounds. But Remember: if you want to keep the weight off, you'll have to make some of the more permanent dietary changes listed earlier as well.
- Here is the 3-day military diet that can help you lose 10 pounds! (This diet is intended for women, but men are recommended to add an extra 100 calories a day in the form of protein.)
- Breakfast may be one of the most essential meals of the day simply because it will give you that desired energy first thing in the morning and it can help kickstart your metabolism. For your first meal of this 3 day military diet you can have half a grapefruit, 1 slice of toast (preferably whole wheat or multigrain) with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- If you have a peanut allergy you can substitute it with almond butter, soy butter, sunflower seed butter, hummus, pumpkin butter, or bean dip. And any breakfast isn’t complete without 1 cup of black coffee or caffeinated tea.
- Please note, you cannot add any sugar, cream, milk or sweeteners into your coffee or tea. These beverages are not essential to the diet as you can substitute it with any amount of water. But green tea and coffee both have thermogenic properties (burns more calories) and black coffee has the ability to suppress your appetite.
- The next meal of the day (lunch) consists of half a cup of tuna, another slice of toast (but no peanut butter this time) and water, black coffee or tea. If you need to season your foods then go with alternatives such as garlic salt, pepper, honey mustard, and any other low or no calorie seasoning.
- For dinner, you can have 3 ounces of any type of meat, 1 cup of green beans, half a banana, one small apple and one cup of vanilla ice cream. As you can tell, there isn’t a lot of food in this diet and that’s because lowering calories is what causes weight loss. If you wanna drop the pounds, you got to cut the calories!
- The next morning, breakfast should include one slice of multigrain or whole wheat toast, one whole egg, and half a banana. This diet is intended to last three days, and then take 4 days off. Rinse and repeat until you achieve the results you desire. The 4 days off do not mean you can binge eat and eat yourself to sickness. The goal should still be to eat around 1,500 calories or less.
- For lunch, you are entitled to one cup of cottage cheese (or you can replace it with 1 slice of cheddar cheese), 1 hard boiled egg and 5 saltine crackers.
- Dinner is served! You can have two hot dogs (minus the buns), 1 cup of broccoli, half a cup of carrots, half a banana, and half a cup of vanilla ice cream. This diet dictates vanilla ice cream only (why? I have no clue) but you can substitute ice cream (who would do that?) with one cup of apple juice or one cup of vanilla, strawberry or banana flavored almond milk.
- The vegetables on this diet should be steamed, baked, boiled or eaten raw. Meat should be grilled or baked, and if you are a vegetarian then you can substitute the protein sources with tofu, lentils, beans and/or portobello mushrooms.
The third and final day has arrived! You’re almost there, don’t give up now! For breakfast, you are to have 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and 1 small apple. Saltine crackers can be replaced with rice cakes (one for one) and cheddar cheese can be replaced with ham, eggs, cabbage or soy cheese. Don’t forget your black coffee or caffeinated tea!
This lunch is going to be a bit small but on the menu is one slice of whole wheat or multigrain toast and one hard boiled egg. You can switch the egg out for one cup of milk, or two slices of bacon or just one chicken wing. As you can probably tell, from day 1 to day 3 there is a slow and gradual reduction of even more calories (hence the rapid weight loss.)
For the last meal of day 3, you can have 1 cup of tuna, half a banana and one cup of vanilla ice cream. And remember, there is no snacking allowed on this diet. You need to eat these foods and these foods only.